2. Healthcare Services. All of the Treating Providers who deliver services through Doctor+Doctor are independent professionals solely responsible for the services each provides to you. Doctor+Doctor does not practice medicine or any other licensed profession, and does not interfere with the practice of medicine or any other licensed profession by Treating Providers, each of whom is responsible for his or her services and compliance with the requirements, laws applicable to his or her profession and license. Neither Doctor+Doctor nor any third parties who promote the Services or provide you with a link to the Service shall be liable for any professional advice you obtain from a Treating Provider via the Services.
3. Services Content. None of the Services content (other than information you receive from Treating Providers) should be considered medical advice or an endorsement, representation or warranty that any particular medication or treatment is safe, appropriate, or effective for you.
4. Informed Consent.
A. Telehealth is the delivery of health care services using interactive audio and video technology, where the patient and the health care professional are not in the same physical location. During your telehealth consultation with a Treating Provider, details of your health history and personal health information may be discussed with you through the use of interactive video, audio and other telecommunications technology, and your Treating Provider may perform a physical examination through these technologies.
B. The telehealth services you receive from Treating Providers are not intended to replace a primary care physician relationship. You may form an ongoing treatment relationship with some Treating Providers. However, your initial visit with a Treating Provider will begin as a consultation (e.g. to determine the most appropriate treatment setting for you to receive care) and will not necessarily give rise to an ongoing treatment relationship. You should seek emergency help or follow-up care when recommended by a Treating Provider or when otherwise needed, and continue to consult with your primary care physician and other healthcare professionals as recommended. However, as with any health service, there are potential risks associated with the use of telehealth. These risks include, but may not be limited to:
- In rare cases, information transmitted may not be sufficient (e.g. poor resolution of images) to allow for appropriate health care decision making by the Treating Provider;
- Delays in evaluation or treatment could occur due to failures of the electronic equipment. If this happens, you may be contacted by phone or other means of communication.
- In rare cases, a lack of access to all of your health records may result in adverse drug interactions or allergic reactions or other judgment errors;
- Although the electronic systems we use will incorporate network and software security protocols to protect the privacy and security of health information, in rare instances, security protocols could fail, causing a breach of privacy of personal health information.
- You understand that you may expect the anticipated benefits from the use of telehealth in your care, but that no results can be guaranteed or assured.
- Your Treating Provider may determine that the Services are not appropriate for some or all of your treatment needs, and accordingly may elect not to provide telehealth services to you through our Services.
D. You can send messages to your Treating Provider by contacting Doctor+Doctor Customer Support at +84 908128710. Emails or electronic messages to Customer Support or your Treating Provider may not be returned immediately. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, you should go to the nearest emergency room.
E. You may also be able to send written notes to therapists or other Treating Providers or to Customer Support using a secure messaging portal within the Services (the “Messaging Portal”). Messages you send over the Messaging Portal may be viewed by more than one Treating Provider or Customer Support agent and will typically be answered within 48 hours. You should not rely on the Messaging Portal if you need immediate attention from a Treating Provider or other health care professional. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, you should go to the nearest emergency room. You understand and agree that messaging with Treating Providers over the Messaging Portal does not give rise to a provider-patient relationship, and does not by itself constitute treatment, diagnosis, therapy, or medical advice.
6. User Accounts. When you register to use our Services, you are required to create an account (“Account”) by entering your name, email address, password and certain other information collected by Doctor+Doctor (collectively “Account Information”). To create an Account, you must be of legal age to form a binding contract. If you are not of legal age to form a binding contract, you may not register to use our Services. You agree that the Account Information that you provide to us at all times, including during registration and in any information you upload to our Services will be true, accurate, current, and complete. You may not transfer or share your Account password with anyone, or create more than one Account (with the exception of subaccounts established for children of whom you are the parent or legal guardian). You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account password and for all activities that occur under your Account.
Doctor+Doctor reserves the right to take any and all action, as it deems necessary or reasonable, regarding the security of the Services and your Account Information. In no event and under no circumstances shall Doctor+Doctor be held liable to you for any liabilities or damages resulting from or arising out of your use of the Services, your use of the Account Information or your release of the Account Information to a third party. You may not use anyone else’s account at any time.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to deny or suspend use of our Services to anyone for any reason. You agree that you will not, and will not attempt to: (a) impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; (b) use our Services to violate any local, state, national or international law; (c) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, or translate any software or other components of the Services; (d) distribute viruses or other harmful computer code through the Services or (e) otherwise use the Services in any manner that exceeds the scope of use granted above.
In addition, you agree to refrain from abusive language and behavior which could be regarded as inappropriate, or conduct that is unlawful or illegal, when communicating with Treating Providers through the Services and to refrain from contacting Treating Providers for telehealth services outside of the Services. Doctor+Doctor is not responsible for any interactions with Treating Providers that are not conducted through the Services. We strongly recommend that you do not use the Services on public computers. We also recommend that you do not store your Account password through your web browser or other software.
10. Website Links. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, OR LINKS FOUND AT ANY OTHER WEBSITES, INTERNET LOCATION, OR SOURCE OF INFORMATION, NOR FOR YOUR USE OF SUCH INFORMATION, SOFTWARE OR LINKS, NOR FOR THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY SUCH WEBSITES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OPERATORS.
12. Trademarks. Certain of the names, logos, and other materials displayed on the Services may constitute trademarks, trade names, service marks or logos (“Marks“) of Doctor+Doctor or other entities. You are not authorized to use any such Marks without the express written permission of Doctor+Doctor. Ownership of all such Marks and the goodwill associated therewith remains with us or those other entities.
13. Termination. You may deactivate your Account and end your registration at any time, for any reason by sending an email to email@example.com. Doctor+Doctor may suspend or terminate your use of the Services, your Account and/or registration for any reason at any time. Subject to applicable law, Doctor+Doctor reserves the right to maintain, delete or destroy all communications and materials posted or uploaded to the Services pursuant to its internal record retention and/or content destruction policies. After such termination, Doctor+Doctor will have no further obligation to provide the Services, except to the extent we are obligated to provide you access to your health records or Treating Providers are required to provide you with continuing care under their applicable legal, ethical and professional obligations to you.
15. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. DOCTOR+DOCTOR EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, OPERABILITY, CONDITION, QUIET ENJOYMENT, VALUE, ACCURACY OF DATA AND SYSTEM INTEGRATION. You acknowledge and agree that Doctor+Doctor does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and is strictly a technology platform and infrastructure for connecting patients with independent third party Treating Providers, including physicians and other Treating Providers in the Doctor+Doctor network. You acknowledges and agree that the Treating Providers using the Services are solely responsible for and will have complete authority, responsibility, supervision, and control over the provision of all medical services, advice, instructions, treatment decisions, and other professional health care services performed, and that all diagnoses, treatments, procedures, and other professional health care services will be provided and performed exclusively by or under the supervision of Treating Providers, in their sole discretion, as they deem appropriate.
16. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL DOCTOR+DOCTOR OR ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF REVENUES, PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY), WARRANTY, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE. To the extent that we may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any implied warranty or limit its liabilities, the scope and duration of such warranty and the extent of our liability will be the minimum permitted under such applicable law.
17. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Doctor+Doctor, its officers, directors, employees, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, and suppliers, harmless from and against any claim, actions, demands, liabilities and settlements, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees (“Claims”), resulting from, or alleged to result from, your violation of these terms and conditions. In addition, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless your Treating Provider(s) from and against any third party Claims resulting from your lack of adherence with the advice or recommendation(s) of such Treating Provider.
18. Disclosures. All physicians and psychologists on the Services hold professional licenses issued by the professional licensing authorities in the country where they practice, hold doctoral degrees in either medicine or psychology and have undergone post-doctoral training. You can report a complaint relating to services provided by a Treating Provider by contacting the professional licensing authorities in the country where the services were received. In a professional relationship, sexual intimacy is never appropriate and should be reported to the board that licenses, registers, or certifies the licensee. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask the contact information for each of the country professional licensing authorities. Any clinical records created as a result of your use of the Services will be securely maintained by Doctor+Doctor on behalf of your Treating Provider(s) for a period that is no less than the minimum number of years such records are required to be maintained under applicable law, and which is typically at least six years.